teaser bild
Seite 330 von 333 ErsteErste ... 230280320326327328329330331332333 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1.646 bis 1.650 von 1662
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Diamanten Mitglied Avatar von Fr.Pelz
    Von einer Seite, wo die Leute das Peinlichste erzählen, das sie je geglaubt haben:

When I was young my father said to me:

"Knowledge is Power - Francis Bacon."

I understood it as "Knowledge is power, France is Bacon".

For more than a decade I wondered over the meaning of the second part and what was the surreal linkage between the two? If I said the quote to someone, "Knowledge is power, France is Bacon" they nodded knowingly. Or someone might say, "Knowledge is power" and I'd finish the quote, "France is Bacon" and they wouldn't look at me like I'd said something very odd but thoughtfully agree.

I did ask a teacher what "Knowledge is power, France is bacon" meant and got a full 10-minute explanation of the "knowledge is power" bit but nothing on "France is bacon." When I prompted further explanation by saying "France is Bacon?" in a questioning tone I just got a "yes". At twelve I didn't have the confidence to press it further. I just accepted it as something I'd never understand.

It wasn't until years later I saw it written down that the penny dropped.
    And then again, it´s not out of the realm of extreme possibility...

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Volldödel
    Semester:
    Zitat Zitat von Fr.Pelz Beitrag anzeigen
    Von einer Seite, wo die Leute das Peinlichste erzählen, das sie je geglaubt haben:

When I was young my father said to me:

"Knowledge is Power - Francis Bacon."

I understood it as "Knowledge is power, France is Bacon".

For more than a decade I wondered over the meaning of the second part and what was the surreal linkage between the two? If I said the quote to someone, "Knowledge is power, France is Bacon" they nodded knowingly. Or someone might say, "Knowledge is power" and I'd finish the quote, "France is Bacon" and they wouldn't look at me like I'd said something very odd but thoughtfully agree.

I did ask a teacher what "Knowledge is power, France is bacon" meant and got a full 10-minute explanation of the "knowledge is power" bit but nothing on "France is bacon." When I prompted further explanation by saying "France is Bacon?" in a questioning tone I just got a "yes". At twelve I didn't have the confidence to press it further. I just accepted it as something I'd never understand.

It wasn't until years later I saw it written down that the penny dropped.
    Sehr witzig

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Administrator Avatar von Brutus
    Semester:
    Facharzt

Wieso das bisher nicht hierher gekommen ist...

IM MEER VERSINKT!!!
    Wenn ... Capri... SONNE!
    I'm a very stable genius!

Ich lache darüber jetzt schon sehr sehr lange. Ehrlich gesagt, schütteln mich wieder Lachflashs.

Name:  16114749_750256888474961_4192111909016737285_n.jpg
Hits: 502
Größe:  49,4 KB

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook