teaser bild
Seite 1 von 11 12345 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 51
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Küstenretter Avatar von hypnotel
    Semester:
    friends and colleagues,

as we all know German can be quite an uncomfortable language - to read, to speak, to write.
    It's certainly a pity having to read some great piece of art, or work of science that has been translated to German carelessly.
    For those capable of the language, be it more or less, original English versions may provide a greater joy or purpose of reading.

Since another user also pointed towards this in the starting thread, I'd like you to recommend English literature of whatever content, right here.
    Not to speak of movies, who's gonna start that thread..?

please go ahead!

Short reviews, links, quotes and whatever you like are appreciated too... but please consider matters of legality
    Zitat Zitat von Lars
    Manchmal muss man die Schubkarre halt tragen.

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Küstenretter Avatar von hypnotel
    Semester:
    Let me start with standards...

I personally enjoyed Salinger's 'Catcher in the rye' much more than 'Der Fänger im Roggen' which we read in German class half a life ago. It's weird too, but I sense a different protagonist here
    Same thing with 'Lord of the flies' - the German translation does not really convey the characters' situative psychopathologies to me, as does the original text...

why, I'm longing for some of you to name authors like Bukowski, Kerouac, Burroughs...
    Zitat Zitat von Lars
    Manchmal muss man die Schubkarre halt tragen.

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Registrierter Benutzer
    John Steinbeck's novel "Of mice and men" capture the atmosphere of the southern states and the job of agriculture worker better than the film with John Malkovich in the leading role did. The characters in the novel were described in more details and in a more colourful way, than the film can show.

ok, it's not perfect english, but I have tried my very best.
    P.S: is this what you mean?

Summsummsumm Avatar von Feuerblick
    Harper Lee´s "To kill a mocking bird" - never ever try to read it in German!
    Erinnerung für alle "echten" Ärzte: Schamanen benötigen einen zweiwöchigen Kurs mit abschließender Prüfung - nicht nur einen Wochenendkurs! Bitte endlich mal merken!

„Sage nicht alles, was du weißt, aber wisse immer, was du sagst.“ (Matthias Claudius)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Zitat Zitat von Feuerblick
    Harper Lee´s "To kill a mocking bird" - never ever try to read it in German!
    also the translation of the title is wrong, cause a mocking bird isn't a nightingale

Seite 1 von 11 12345 ... LetzteLetzte

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook