teaser bild
Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 26
Forensuche

Thema: where to go?

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von hunney
    Hi everyone,

Im currently enroled at an English university, but for a number of reasons I decided to withdraw from the university and I am thinking of resuming my studis in Germany (not cuz they are so brilliant, more cuz I got family there).
    It would be great if I could get some insight into the German universities which are currently favoured for medicine. Whatever you do, please dont just say "Heidelberg is great", because everyone knows by now that it is not true. I am not looking for a university which relies on its fame, but for one that actually gives a damn about the students, so small number of students, professors which are not almost comatose and if I could get some info on studentlife in the city itself, that would be extremely helpful!

Many thanks!

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    verfressen & bergsüchtig Avatar von Evil
    Hiho,

I studied in Bochum and I don't really recommend the RUB.
    First of all there's not much of a student life in the city itself though it certainly got a fair amount of pubs. A lot of students do not live in Bochum but go there by car or train so campus life is rather low.
    Second, as far as I know the lessons and lectures are poorly arranged, seemingly it got quite chaotic since I left (which was in 2005).
    And during my time it's been famed as Germany's ugliest university

One rather big advantage is the Ruhrpott itself, there are few regions in Germany and even in Europe with so much cultural and commercial attractions. And surprisingly there's also place for nature and recreation not far away.

Greetings, Evil
    Weil er da ist!
    George Mallory auf die Frage, warum er den Everest besteigen will

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Jodelschnepfe Avatar von Hoppla-Daisy
    Semester:
    Damals in den Ardennen...
    Although I feel quite comfortable with Duisburg-Essen University, I'm not really sure whether I could recommend it or not. Its reputation is said to be rather bad resp. its position in the exam rankings tells its own story. However, I have never had the impression of learning less than students of other universities. But I am convinced that EVERY university has its pros and cons, so it might be well balanced when comparing. So I don't really give a damn on such statistical data .

Many students don't live in Essen, but commute every day. With respect to life outside the campus I cannot really judge what it is like, as I do not live in Essen myself .

BUT: I absolutely love the laid-back and familiar atmosphere, as it is NOT a university for the masses (ok, spoken for the faculty of medicine). The overall organisation is more than merely satisfactory. I have never had any difficulties enrolling for those courses I preferred.

As Evil already mentioned, the Ruhrgebiet is a melting pot of different cultures and offers lots of different special features with respect to cultural life and sports activities. The Gruga Park is just around the corner if you long for some relaxing between two courses . And in 2010 Essen will be "Kulturhauptstadt Europas" .

The people in this region of Germany are very open-minded and cordial, which I appreciate very much

EDIT: When reading through this again, I noticed that I have fairly well recommended MY university resp. the city/region. Fair enough .
    Es ist einfacher, ein Loch zu graben, als einen Turm zu bauen

Auch weiterhin gilt: "Krisen müssen draußen bleiben!"

Gräfenberg Punkt Avatar von Grübler
    Semester:
    done.
    Every student thinks that his/her university is the worst of all regarding docents, level of difficulty etc. About Düsseldorf I have to say that the first four semesters ("Vorklinik") or preclinical studies really are no fun. Or mostly not. After you enter the clinical part of your studies this suddenly changes. Significantly lower pressure, "human" professors and docents, a good atmosphere.

I'd say of Düsseldorf that I like it here, although there are things that aren't so great. But everyone - especially in Vorklinik - is trying to improve more and more. It's slow, but it definitely gets better.

I also heard that Gießen is a good one. Much contact to the docents and great teaching. But it's very small and ... agricultural ... there on the other hand. Your choice

Gast26092018
    Zitat Zitat von hunney
    Whatever you do, please dont just say "Heidelberg is great", because everyone knows by now that it is not true. I am not looking for a university which relies on its fame, but for one that actually gives a damn about the students, so small number of students, professors which are not almost comatose and if I could get some info on studentlife in the city itself, that would be extremely helpful!
    Heidelberg is great
    Well, I mean its not just the fame, but with the fame comes money, when a university gets declared elite University money flows in, money for research, technology etc. Heidelberg is always the first university to get the newest medical programmes and technology…here you find for example the international cancer center etc. etc. (I don’t know what else )
    People who want to enter research and move up fast should come to Heidelberg in order to study medicine...
    My professors are very kind and helpful…the problem is just that its very crowded here I dunno about 400 students study medicine and dentistry together…but a few years ago it was worse, when the Mannheimer students studied here too…
    But everyone must admit that Heidelberg is a beautiful old city, with lots nature, caffees, pubs etc….here you find lots of hot chicks and handsome and kind young guys like me
    But i just started my studies, so im a new fish, i dont how it will be in the clinical phase...but anwayzzzz i think you already made up your mind not to come here
    Everyone must choose his own destiney...So find and fulfill your destiney

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... LetzteLetzte

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook