teaser bild
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Registrierter Benutzer
    So to begin with, I have GCE A-levels with grades A*A*AAB with subjects Russian, Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology respectively.
    Currently I am learning German and will be doing my TestDAF on June 18th.
    I am a Russian citizen (thus non-EU) but I might be obtaining a Cypriot citizenship (EU) in the coming months.

I know that EU and non-EU "Auswahlverfahren" are different.

So anybody, if you can help, please answer these questions as I have neither found any answers online nor received precise answers from the universities themselves:

1. If I have a double citizenship, which nationality do I use to apply? Which gives me higher chances to get a place? Can I apply twice with different nationalities?

2. I heard that it is easier to get in for non- EU country members even when the in-take quote is 8%, since applicants in this group score worse grades so- students there get in easily with Abi 1.6-1.8 while in the EU group its around 1.0-1.3. Is this true?

3. The application deadline is 15 July...but when can we start sending the documents in....as in when is the beginning of the application period? (Uni Heidelberg is Juke 1st....other universities- it is unclear)

4. Can I apply without my TestDaf certificate and then when the university asks me to show them my German Language certificate I can show it to them? Or how does it work? Because I want to apply earlier than end of May- the approximate time of me getting my TestDAF score.

Thanks for your help and time guys. I really appreciate it.

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Diamanten Mitglied
    Semester:
    Kopfloses Huhn
    hey! I'll do my best to answer you.

1. I don't really know, I think you can use only one citizenship. (because there are not many people in the world who have two). I don't think it is legal to apply twice with double citizenship.
    2. Yes, I have heard as well that it may be easier to get into the Non-EU, because there aren't as many applicants. But I know a girl who also had big difficulties getting a place with 1,3 (but she did get in in the end). The difference is that EU Group applies together with germans and thus needs a German Abitur grade. (And also needs to do, depending on the University TMS (test für medizinische studiengänge), or interviews, and there is also the restriction of applying to max. 6 universities) Here are the equivalencies: http://www.brighton.ac.uk/internatio...encies/germany, but the best way to find out is to send your grades to an official agency, which will give you a official statement of your new german grade. Objectively you can then compare your chances and try two times.
    The Non-EU group doesn't need a abitur grade, and applies directly to the university, and can (I think) apply to more than 6 universities.
    3. There are other, earlier deadlines for Non-EU, I think they end in May.
    4. yes, you only need to show Test DAF when you've already been accepted to the university upon immatriculation (which is usually in September)

Also, don't hesitate to ask directly the universities, or hochschulstart.de (the agency where German and EU apply to) - they are all really helpful.

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Registrierter Benutzer
    @Healer

Thanks for your concise and detailed reply! I got most of the answers I needed!

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook