teaser bild
Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hi everyone, I am studying at a non-EU medical school. Out of curiosity, how do you compare English medical textbooks with German ones?

Since I live in a former British colony, it is natural that our teaching and learning is all done in English, and we mostly use US published titles as course materials. I came across this website http://www.medizinlehrbuecher.de/ and found that translations of English texts are not popular among German students.

Thanks for adding your comment!

Z.n. Studium Avatar von *milkakuh*
    Hi,

there are a lot of German medical textbooks. I would say that there is no need to read any English textbooks during studying in Germany (except literature for research - but it's not mandatory to do some research in Germany). Of course it's more comfortable to read books in native language. Another reason might be that there are differences between German and English medical terms.

I am German but currently studying in another European country in English. Sometimes I am using English, sometimes German textbooks. For me there is not a big difference but many students say that the English ones are written shorter (might be because of the syntax) and are more fluent to read.

I am just wondering why you are interested in German medical textbooks. Are you able to speak some German?

Registrierter Benutzer
    Thank you for your fast reply. I speak some French and German so I would like to know if German textbooks are better off than English ones in theoretical sciences. Also, German medical schools require undergrad Chemistry knowledge from their students while most UK students have their last encounter with Chemie, Biichemie excluded, at A level.

Diamanten Mitglied
    Semester:
    Kopfloses Huhn
    I'd also say that there isn't much difference, especially none in the quality. I've looked at some English textbooks, but they usually set their priorities on other topics as our exams. They also have often more and better illustrations (and are thus more expensive), but longer texts, which are easier to read, but don't come to the point that quickly. (Compare Harrison Internal Medicine and Herold ^^) I know students who like the style of English textbooks at my university and use them, and others, who like German textbooks, and both study quite well.

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook