teaser bild
Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 11
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

hershey
    Which is more competitive?

Also what are the pros and cons (vor- und nach-teile) of Surgery training? Gastroenterology?

Which specialties are paid the highest?

Z.n. Studium Avatar von *milkakuh*
    Does it not depend on personal interests and skills choosing internal medicine or surgery? This two subjects areas are so different that I cannot imagine that it is just about salary...
    Geändert von *milkakuh* (07.01.2015 um 18:39 Uhr)

hershey
    Definitely. But pay is something I just be concerned about too. I'm one of the rare breed of students who loved Internal Medicine and Surgery in med school and honored both those rotations. So I do want to look at all the factors that will hopefully help me make the right decision in the future.

May be I just need to do an internship or something in these fields to figure out what I truly love.

Platin-Mitglied Avatar von LasseReinböng
    Semester:
    5+ WBJ.
    General surgery is one of the least competitive specialties in Germany. Internal medicine is more competitve, but compared to other specialties like Dermatology, Ophthalmology or Pediatrics, it's still quite easy to get a residency spot.

Generally speaking, specialties which are tied to working in the hospital forever are not very popular in Germany ( due to life style, work conditions and salary ).
    Dark humor is like food - not everyone get's it (Joseph Stalin)

hershey
    Hey LassReinböng, thanks for your reply

Regarding internal medicine though, don't subspecialties of Internal Medicine like Cardiology, Gastroenterology have a lot of invasive procedures in those fields? And that means they are not necessarily tied to working in the hospital too?

Also in Germany at present, they're offering some training spots in hospitals in rural areas. How good are some of these hospitals? Does one get adequate training? And if one wants to get into a decent to good hospital as a foreigner, what must he/she do to get in?

Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook